Welcome to hands-on discovery and FUN!
Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, next to Silver Beach, Curious Kids' Museum (CKM) and the new Discovery Zone by Curious Kids' Museum (DZ) invites you to come play, learn and be curious!
CKM was founded by educators and parents to provide an environment that invites curiosity, allows exploration, celebrates childhood and inspires learning!
Opened in 1989, the Museum on the Bluff has fulfilled the founders' mission to provide a place where "Learning is Fun" through interactive, hands-on exhibits. In 2010, the Curious Kids' Museum had the opportunity to expand and open a second location in partnership with the Silver Beach Carousel and Shadowland Ballroom, by opening DZ below the bluff.
With a shared mission and philosophy, both museums are places where children and their adults can pursue their natural curiosity through creative, hands-on play!
We hope to see you soon!
Lori Marciniak, Executive Director
Facts about Curious Kids'...
- Curious Kids’ Museum hosts over 100 hands-on exhibits for ages 1 to about 10 years old. Enjoy a wide variety of Discovery Fun in the Awesome Apple Orchard, the Vet Clinic, the face painting area and in Musicology. Navigate the Great Lakes ship, be an electron to make electricity, pull a bubble around you and much more.
- Discovery Zone by Curious Kids’ Museum engages visitors in 4 water exhibits: the Lake Michigan Water Table, the Water Power Tower, the Wave Table and the Clean Water Bio-Sand filter. There is also a Kids’ Climbing Wall, Lighthouse Kids Climbing Tower and Whisper Dishes in the outdoor science gallery. You can become a human sundial, or explore the current exhibit in the Gast Traveling Exhibit Gallery.
- Curious Kids’ Museum has served over 1,450,000 visitors since 1989.
- Discovery Zone serves about 50,000 visitors per year.
- Curious Outreach Traveling Exhibits and Programs serve 10,000 students and off-site customers annually.
- Curious Classroom Curriculum Units bring hands-on Science Topics to schools, reaching over 6,000 students annually.
- Curious Birthday Parties include 1.5 hours of Museum fun time and a party at either location.
- Scout programs for Girl and Boy Scouts provide Badge Quests and fun Overnights at either Museum.
- Day Camps for ages 6 & up, and Curiosity Camps (ages 4-6 for half days) are tons of fun in the summer!
- For 12 years, Curious Kids has been voted both “Best Museum” and “Best Place to Take Kids” by Readers’ Choice polls for the Herald Palladium newspaper. Both Lakeshore Magazine and Shore Magazine voted it #1.
- Triple AAA lists Curious Kids’ Museum as one of only 28 Great Experiences for Members (GEM) in Michigan.
The Curious Kids' Museum encourages discovery, wonder and awe for children. This interactive hands-on playground for the mind fulfills its educational leadership role by stimulating curiosity, awareness and life preparedness in Science, Culture, History and Technology. Through its programs and exhibits, the Museum encourages people of all ages to explore the world around them in a unique and open-ended manner.